ISC believes that ad hoc guest sessions should be advanced value-additions to the curricular input. That is why carefully selected guests are invited with specific topics in mind. Usually, guests include filmmakers, specialist journalists, professionals in charge of specialized skills, and highly placed industry professionals who can provide a bird’s-eye view of various communication professions. The structure of such sessions varies from classroom to seminar, coffee-table to workshop formats.
Here is a sample list of recent eminent guests to visit ISC:
- Workshop on Broadcast Journalism by Mr. Ketan Vaidya, Principal Correspondent, NDTV, Mumbai
- Workshop on music by Mr. Ashutosh Javadekar and Mr. Tushar Bhatia, Music Composers
- Workshop on Costume Designing by Ms. Amruta Joshi, Fashion Designer for films & TV
- Workshop in Choreography by Ms. Sonia Parchure, Professional Choreographer
- Workshop on Set Designing by Mr. Shyam Bhutkar, Set designer
- Multi camera setup workshop by Mr. Ankur Kakartkar, Director-Multi Camera Setup
- Workshop on Film Direction by Ms. Pratima Kulkarni, Director and Filmmaker
- Workshop on Creative Writing by Mr. Sunil Ganu, copywriter
- Workshop on Media Laws and Ethics by Mr. Dominic D’Souza, Head-Legal, Zee Sports, Mumbai
- Corporate Communication and Strategic PR workshops by Mr. Praveen Nagda, Group Account Director- Brodeur India, Mumbai
- Workshop on “Delivering Excellence” by Mr. Kingshuk Bhadury
- An interactive session on “Consumer insights” by Mr. Sanjay Shindgikar, Director, Brand Services – Lowe Lintas
- Session on “Importance of Media Monitoring & Analysis in PR” by Mr. Piyush Jain from Blue Lotus Communication
- Session on “Introduction to Mass Communication” by Ms. Shyamli Shinde, Manager at Sampark Ketchum PR
- Interactive Session on “Journalism as a career” with Mr.C. P. Surendran, Resident Editor, Times of India, Pune
- Workshop on “Corporate Identity” by Dr. Pragnya Ram, Executive President, Corporate Communications, Aditya Birla Group
- Workshop on Branding by Anand Halve, Director, Chlorophyll: Brand Communications Consultancy.
- Workshop on “Lighting” by Dhanushka Gunthilake.
- Workshop on “Crisis Management” by Pranali Arora, Account Director at 20:20 MSL
- Workshop on “Business TV Journalism” by Mihir Bhatt, Chief Bureau Zee News
- Workshop on PR by Shabnam Asthana, Director Empowered Solutions
- Workshop on “Still Photography” by Kodak